BCIU governance precepts are listed below. BCIUís current volunteer chairman is Ralph J. Gerson. The BCIU Board is comprised of approximately 30 senior executive volunteers from BCIU member companies who serve three year terms.
- Board Positions include: Chairman, Vice Chair(s), Chairman of the Finance Committee, Board Secretary/Legal Counsel and members.
- Number of Directors shall not be fewer than 30 or more than 60. The Board currently has of 30 members
- Quorum for a meeting is 1/3 of the board but never fewer than ten members.
- Members are elected or re-elected and serve on a volunteer basis
- There are no term limits at present
- Ensure adherence to the organizationís core mission, purposes, integrity and status
- Ensure adherence to all governing laws and regulations
- Enhance the organizationís standing
- Advise the Chief Executive Officer
- Review the performance of the Chief Executive Officer
- Recommend additional members for election to the board
- Select a successor for the Chairman and for the Chief Executive Officer
- Determine, monitor and strengthen the organizationís services
- Advise on the expansion of services
- Ensure adequate use of resources and insure financial stability
- Assume other responsibilities which it deems appropriate
- Revenue Enhancement
- Bi-Annual meetings
- Quorum for a meeting of 1/3 of the board, minimum of ten
- President and staff will prepare agenda and present reports to Board with respect to past activities and future plans
Copyright © BCIU, All rights reserved.